Monday, December 5, 2011

Sign-language

We are learning sign-language!  Ever since I was a little kid and a friend's sister was hearing impaired, I have wanted to learn sign-language.  My friend taught me a little bit so that I could communicate with her little sister but really just the basics and it has been over 25 yrs ago so I really don't remember much.

Now that I am homeschooling, I have been looking for different subjects to teach my girls.  I really want them to be able to speak or converse in another language.  They have both been doing a Spanish curriculum on our "school"days at the church but I have had this nagging desire for us all to learn signing.  I found a wonderful curriculum online that is FREE! Yes, I said FREE, and we started today. 

I explained to my girls that to me sign-language is a language of love.  I am very excited about this and we have a goal of being able to sign the song "I Love You Lord" in church someday soon. Thank you Lord for giving us more than just our mouths to speak!

No comments:

Post a Comment