Monday, April 21, 2014

Is it over yet?

Wow, it is the end of April, are we there yet?  Almost, but not quite.  Did I accomplish the things that I wanted to accomplish this year? NOT EVEN CLOSE!!

But I think it was a good year overall.  The girls are completing the core curriculum and I am already gathering the supplies for next year (we are trying to do minimal to no-cost homeschooling) and I feel we have a good plan.

I know that the girls learned a lot more about life even if the keyboard never got turned on or that Spanish and sign-language were rarely practiced. But that is life these days. We are growing as a family and the really important things are being accomplished - I can't complain.  We have had very special days together and we have had special days apart :).  We are finding our weaknesses and strengths, we are acknowledging when we are struggling and giving in to those days when it is necessary to say - NO SCHOOL TODAY, we are worn out.  We are also buckling down on other days to get 'er done. We will be taking at least 4 weeks off over the summer and then trying some new things next year.  I'll keep ya posted (hopefully)!

No comments:

Post a Comment